Smart phone are convenient and they can also save you money. Here are some of my favorite apps and different ways to use your smart phone:
- Avoid overdraft fees- Check your bank account balance before you checkout at the store (to make sure your covered)
- Find the cheapest gas- Use the app gasbuddy to find the cheapest gas prices near your location
- Never get lost- A navigation app will tell you the most direct way to get to your destination (no more asking for directions or wasting gas driving lost)
- Buy cheap- Shopsavvy is an app that allows you to scan a barcode and get full details about the product. The app also pulls up a list of where the product can be purchased for the cheapest price.
- Avoid costly directory assistance calls- You can search for a local business phone number and dial it (all in less than 30 seconds on your smart phone).
- Get free music- The app Pandora gives you free music right on your phone. It allows you to customize your own channel by selecting which songs you like and which ones you don't.
- Get more work done- I have done online work from my phone many times. It's perfect for times when you are waiting for something (bus, store checkout, restaurant seating, etc.).
- Know the weather- Want to know if your softball game will get rained out? Use the Weather Channel app if you aren't near your t.v. or computer.
- Get a recipe- While at the grocery store you decide that you want to try a new dish. Search recipe.com and find the recipe on your smart phone.